Sunday, May 15, 2011

On My Way Home... Er... To Fresno

Today was very, very long, and I am very, very tired. I have driven from Alpine to Fresno successfully... But UUUUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!!


Honestly, the run from Alpine to Vegas was cake. It felt quick. I left at 10, and rolled into Vegas at 3, and felt like I had made great time. I pulled in to pick up KO from his brother's house at 3:09, and then we were on the road again by 3:30. The traffic was absurd. I am not a fan of the traffic on weekends leaving Vegas. All those people from L.A. should stay in L.A. on the weeks where I have to make this trip, because, I don't like them, HA!


As far as anything exciting... I have absolutely nothing to add. It was just a long drive. I did have an embarrassing moment though :S I stopped at a place just outside of Vegas today. It was a nice little place, and I needed to relieve the bowels. I entered, did my thing, and went to buy a water and didn't have my wallet. That's not the embarrassing part. The embarrassing part is that I smacked my head on the door frame on the way out, and just about knocked myself out, no exaggeration. That was brutal. Other than that- it was just a journey from home to Fresno.


TENDER MERCIES OF TODAY:
1) When I drive in my car, because it doesn't have cruise control, the positioning of my leg and foot will cause my right knee to swell pretty good. Though it is still swollen, I asked my Heavenly Father to keep the pain down if at all possible, and I am not miserable right now, which is a definite blessing.
2) I was very tired as I began to leave Vegas, and started to lose focus a little, and faded out a few times. After a quick prayer, I didn't struggle with that again for the entire trip.
3) I wasn't pulled over, and averaged 10 over for the whole trip (not counting stand stills). Pretty nice, I must say.


So, that's all for today. Just a normal day as far as days go. Maybe the sky will fall tomorrow.


Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment