Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I Am Now a Licensed Therapist........ Wait...

Today started at 8:40 to Garrett knocking on my door. It was deja vu of yesterday morning.


"Brack, when you leavin'?


Typically, when Garrett wakes me up, it's at the most inopportune times in the universe. He wakes me up at 8, when I don't want to get up til 8:30. Before responding, I decided that I would look at the time. I picked up my phone, and looked at the time... It was 8:40. He gave me ten extra minutes :D


Weights is at 9. I usually like to shower before leaving the place. It helps me keep my head up while we are lifting. It wakes me up a tad. All I know is that I am more tired than normal when I don't happen to shower. I didn't get that opportunity this morning. I kindly thanked Garrett for waking me, and took Tyler, and him with me to weights. We lifted. It was arms. I've discovered that I hate arms days. I don't mind legs days, but arms days... I can't type, (I'm typing through proxy. This is a dictated post) I can't pick stuff up, I have no energy, I can't shoot, it's just angering.


Anyway, right after weights, I had a test to take in stats. I missed Chapter 7 when I went home for Spring Break. Yep, took me til today to take care of that. I got that finished. As you may recall from yesterday, my stats teacher had me into the office to talk with him in a therapist-like capacity for some stuff going on. Today, same thing. After I took my test, we had a conversation about some of the concerns in his life. I don't know when I passed my examination to become a licensed therapist, but, I guess I just give off the air that I know what's going on. I don't, but I will put on my best face, and pretend I know what's up. We talked for about an hour, and I did what I could given my lack of experience. It was interesting to be the one he wanted to talk to, again. On my way up to his office, I did take the greatest picture ever, though:




I wish I had this kind of power. This is what's seriously needed in my life. I also believe that this is the ultimate form of sticking it to the man. Don't think I am not actively trying to find out where I can purchase this power. 


We showed our video in BA 18 today (our group), we did very well I thought. The video looked great, and the class enjoyed it. I must say though, there is this random lady who's about 45 years old, and she is obnoxious. Her report was overdone, she said that she'd looked up precedent for previous cases, and blah blah blah. I just watched the U of U game film from last season the whole time.


Finally that class ended, and I went to the rec to play hoops. That was pretty entertaining. I got a couple of entertaining dunks today, too. I got a pretty nice one in traffic, too. For a white boy who simply cannot jump, I figured that it would be worth mentioning, haha!


It's now Bria's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIA!!! She feels really cool because she's 21. 21 means nothing to us Mormon folk, but she feels all sorts of powerful. She just gave a little maniacal laugh of sheer love of power. I giggled. She's playing Star Wars: Force Unleashed II. I really enjoy watching her play this game. She is awesome at it, like I mentioned before, but the comments she makes, and the reactions to everything is hilarious. It makes me smile.


But happy birthday, Bria! May all your birthday wishes come true, or something corny like that.

TENDER MERCIES OF THE DAY

1) I was running behind for my math test, and I was really worried that Professor Hatcher would leave me, and I wouldn't be able to make that test up. It was a little thing, but as I was pulling into the parking lot, I saw him walking into the building. It was nice that he was just as late as me, and worked out wonderfully.

2) Ari Griffin bought free Starbucks frappucino and that was delicious and wonderful, and at a much needed time today

3) My stomach was hurting, and I was really really tired, but now I feel like I am conscious enough to finish my paper!

God has been really good to me, and I guess I kind of feel entitled to what He gives me, as I mention these things, I really notice how good He has been to me, and it makes me so grateful that I truly do KNOW that He is there. That God lives, and loves each one of us, His children.

So, with that, I end the day. Good night, and sweet dreams to the world, I will try to have the same :)

No comments:

Post a Comment