Saturday, May 21, 2011

1/2 Cup Saturday With a Hint of... AH S***/Pirates

Well, it was supposed to be a Saturday, but as an essential recap, I started working on a paper that is due on Tuesday. That's the one for sociology- once again, as an essential recap, the worst class in the entire universe. I did a little of that, and then discovered that I CAN take my DS-73 final, but I have to do it on Tuesday... But, I have to drive home on Tuesday... So this is going to be... grand.


Regardless, I woke up this morning as anxious as I could possibly be. There are days where it just happens that way. There isn't anything I can do. I wake up and my heart is pounding, and my mind is racing, and I can't shake it all day long. So I did what any reasonable person would do, I attempted to set up an open gym so I could get a couple of runs in today, and hopefully distract myself from being... anxious.


Before I left to play (5:00 P.M. start time), I purchased 2 tickets to Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, so that Bria and I could go see it tonight. I left to play ball, and she got off of work earlier than normal (which I had forgotten would occur), and was left to her own vices while we played in the open gym.


The open gym was ok. It was a little sluggish, but, since school just got out, and it's been one of those "party" times, I figured that it would be. I played awful. I couldn't find my butt with one hand, let alone two. It was aggravating. Once again, a day filled with losses. I hate losing. I hate losing more than I hate the devil, I think. It's just how I work.


After open gym, I discovered that Bria was on her way to Angely's. I had purchased these tickets as a surprise, and I was in an extremely rotten mood. I just was like "whatever", "do what you want" type of mood. I know that technically that isn't the right way to handle any situation, and I really don't have any form of excuse, but with the anxiety biting at me, and my irritable mood, I just didn't feel like it was all good with me that I was getting shafted for Angely.


Come to find out later, Angely made an amazing strawberry pizza, which has rectified the entire situation on my end. I'm no longer angry about it, I just think that the strawberry pizza is amazing, and I want more of it.


Regardless, I was an absolute douche about the whole thing. I acted like a 2 year old, and Bria should have punched me right in the face. She didn't fortunately. She acted like an adult, and told me I was in the wrong for having been at all short with the situation, and we moved on with our lives. It was good communicating. Fellas, relationships are all about communication. Ladies, relationships are all about communication. If y'all communicate, life will be happy. 


Anywho- that was the drama. I was pissed my surprise (which I hadn't communicated) was being ruined by Angely (insert my name there, because it was my fault), and I was pretty nasty in the moment. 


The movie, however was great. I thought that it was well done, right on par with the Pirates series, and I absolutely enjoyed it. I think that it is a MUST SEE, and if you don't go see it, you should be shot.




He carries a lot more rounds nowadays. Geoffery Rush, and Johnny Depp do a wonderful job playing off of each other in this movie, as well, which had to be my second favorite part, but, as always, my very favorite part of this movie was the music. Stellar job. Awesome job. I loved it!


TENDER MERCIES
1) My disposition has been pretty bad to day, so this is a little bit difficult, but I had a lot of fun while playing 2K with TJ. It distracted me from my anxiety for a bit, and was a MUCH needed distraction. I really was appreciated for the opportune timing he had for helpin' a brother out.
2) Finally got the next few weeks hashed out, so that will be very nice, relieves a lot of stress.


That's it for today. A standard day. More excitement tomorrow I'm sure. It's a Sunday- that means church, and a bunch of good stuff always happens at church.


Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment