Saturday, May 14, 2011

A Day With The Funk Family

Today was a great day. Not just a good day, a great day. I made a series of mistakes, and I still come out feeling like today was great! It was so good to be home with my family. I forget how much I miss them until I am here, and I get the chance to be around them, and see how much they've changed, and how, and why. I miss my family more than I let on, I think.

My night ended very late last night, and began at the crack of dawn. I was up at 5:35 so that I could go play ball with my dad at the Stake Center (church house with a full gym inside, that's essentially the difference :P) by the roundabout in Alpine. Guys I've been playing with for years were there, and it was a lot of fun. I had a pretty nasty dunk on a 5'6'' guy today, but must also confess that I... I missed more than I made (typical)...

Regardless, once that ended, my mother decided that we ought to go to the grocery store, and each pick out one thing we wanted for breakfast. Breakfast was great this morning because it was a variety show of food :p


Meet my dad. He's 6'7'', and is my best friend in the whole world. He is demonstrating the 20 Mule Team Borax because there is a road on the way home (for me) tomorrow called 20 Mule Team Road, and he was very excited to have seen the Borax with such a name upon it. The best part was when he tried to show my sister, Marquelle, and she just rolled her eyes and walked away from him, because she found it in no way funny.


Speaking of Marquelle, here she is. She currently works at Roxberry (a Jamba Juice Knockoff), and has become a master smoothie maker. She made some very, very good smoothies this morning, and I was thankful for them. You can see that ornery streak in her though, can't you?




This is my littlest sister, Jaysa. Little is a strange word I suppose. She is super tall, I think she has beat out both Marquelle and my mom at this point. Anyway, she is super cute, and super funny. My mom says that she's a lot like me. I agree, and I'll claim her. She has a very fun demeanor, and is always smiling about something, and it's something that I love about her. Even in this picture you can see her super cute smile.




And last, but, not in any way the least, my mother. My mom is awesome. She does so much to keep this family pumping, and I don't know the half of it I fear. Parenting is going to be enlightening. I will then finally understand what a pain I am, supposing I make it to that point ;). My mom is selfless, and incredibly hard working. I don't know if the word break actually fits in her dictionary. I know the word technologically illiterate is in their though ;) Haha! My mom is funny with electronics. It could make her life so much easier, and yet, she just wants to pretend that life is simpler without them. Right... Ha!


So there is the family. We had a great breakfast, and then I headed back into the Space Center so that I could fly again. I just can't ever seem to get my fill of flying. The Space Center is my Heaven on Earth. I flew, and then worked with Erin, to try and help her get ready to become a flight director. I'm doing the training the best way I know how. I hope it ends up working for me.


After that, I was invited to play croquet at the Droubay's. I couldn't rightly pass up the challenge. It was good to see Shay again. I haven't seen her in like 3 years, and it was really good to catch up a little and chat... Alright, in all honesty, I think that I failed miserably in the chatting department. I pretty much whined the whole time. I didn't mean to, it just turned into that, Ha! Maybe I passed the conversational test, but, I do know I didn't win a single game of croquet, so my confidence is crushed.


I did fail my sisters though. Marquelle and I were going to go to Comedy Sportz tonight, but... in some miscommunication, I failed miserably. We didn't get to go, and she was pretty frustrated with me. And I had promised Jaysa that I would be home at 6:54 to play games with her... But I bombed that one too... Too busy being selfish, and playing croquet, and not thinking about the others. They were very kind to me, and promptly forgave me, but I don't really deserve it. There isn't much of an excuse for that.


Now I'm tired, and I'm going to bed, but first.


TENDER MERCIES SEEN TODAY
1) I twisted my ankle pretty good at ball this morning. I was hurting pretty bad, but decided to get up and play on it. I have had no pain since I left the gym.
2) I got to be home with my awesome family for a day.
3) I get to sleep in a massive bed, and get great sleep!


There we go- the best I could do for today. I'll have to play closer attention tomorrow to find some a little deeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment