Sunday, June 12, 2011

Lights

It's been an interesting few days. A lot has happened. I am not entirely sure what I think about it all. Of course I am sure about the decisions that I have made, but not sure how to deal with all of the different responses that continue to barrel my way. I can't really say more until everything is finalized.

Regardless, there has been a drastic shift in the wind for me. I am confident it is for the better, but getting here was a journey that has been very rocky.

The business of my schedule has kept me from having time to post anything. David Siverly, a good friend of mine from Fresno (basketball manager for the team this previous year) came and stayed with us for a few days. It was also the week of the Lone Peak basketball camp, and the county baseball all-star game (which I PA'd), and a crazy week at the Space Center. So as this week rattled on, David spent more time chillin' with Marquelle than I spent with him while I was trying to figure out all of these other obligations at the same time.

Basketball camp was solid. I do know that the younger kids are my least favorite in camp, because they haven't yet learned what it means to follow directions :P (and I've totally mastered my direction following skills, haha). They just rub you wrong after a few days. The best story I have from that though is that one of my kids had to do push-ups after losing a contest or something, and he was in really good push-up position. I said, "Do some man push-ups," and the child started humping the floor as hard as he possibly could 10 times, and then looked up with complete and total satisfaction on his face. I laughed for a good 20 minutes. It was just perfect delivery and timing from him.

The all-star game was good too. I got to see a pretty good and tight game from our county all-stars, as well as have a blast PAing the game. I really enjoy PA, it's one of my favorite jobs ever. During one of the contests, however, some girls came up to the booth with a partial answer. I informed them that others had answered it fully, and I couldn't give them the prize when they hadn't really accomplished the goal. One of the little girls argued with me for a sec, and then pulled an "but, we're adopted". I laughed so hard that I almost fell out of my chair. Then, I told the story over the PA, there were a few chuckles. Then, after the game, I was informed that they were adopted, and that my comment over the PA wasn't very nice. Oh, well. I got a kick out of the way she said it. That was FUNNY!

We had a pretty good time mini-golfing after the mission at the space center David and I went to on Wednesday. David had a good time there. He got to intrude like 40 times, which he said he really enjoyed. That was good :) I love the place, so I'm glad that he did too. Anyway, Marc crushed us all, and was sure to let us know. One of my really good friends, Shay Droubay came too. We decided we should play 2 on 2 basketball after, and Shay and I smashed David and Marc, and we felt good about it too. Shay hasn't stopped holding her release yet ;).

Other than that. Another week ahead. It's late, so I will just leave it at this, and hope I can find time for tomorrow. But, David showed me a song that I've fallen in love with. You WILL watch this and love it :) (mostly the song though, the video is ok).




TENDER MERCIES

1) An amazingly supportive family who are willing to help me out, even when I'm a little headstrong.
2) A great ward
3) My gift of being able to ignore social awkwardness. It comes in handy in all sorts of situations.

Brack

1 comment: