Friday, January 18, 2013

The Road Trip/Some Big News

I love playing collegiate basketball. It was a dream that I've had since I was just a little boy. I am sure that it had something to do with the pictures I saw of my dad, who played at Utah State, and the fact that from a young age, I loved hoops. But my dad was really the inspiration for me to get to the collegiate level, and play. So, when time grew closer to entering high school. Those were my aspirations.

I am so blessed to be where I am. It's been a strange path getting here, but playing at BYUH is a huge blessing in my life. And I am so incredibly grateful for the chances and opportunities that I have in life right now. There are so many people who don't get the same type of breaks that I've been given, and I am so appreciative of these opportunities, and often take them for granted.

I will say this though. This road trip has been tough because my best friend, and eternal companion isn't out here with me. I find myself missing her more and more every day. It's fun to come out here and play, and it's true, everybody needs a break from their obnoxious husband for a while; but I am finding that I miss my wife a lot on this trip. This is the longest we've been apart since being married, and while I sound like a female as I write this, it's true, the trip sucks (in some aspects) without her.

We have neglected to tell the world of our big news, however, and it's big news. Without any planning on our part, Lejana just found out that she is pregnant. As shocking as the news is, we are very excited about becoming parents, even if the timing isn't as great as it could be. It's going to be an adventure- and a pretty hard one, but we are willing to take on the challenge together, and we are happy! I guess that's the biggest thing.

So just a quick little update on the Funk family. The Seasiders play Notre Dame De Namur tomorrow night at 7:30 P.M. Pacific time. Looking forward to that game, and now, I'm off to practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment