Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Beginning of the Week

I woke up at 7:25 and started working on my statistics homework. I had an assignment and a half to complete before the Chapter 8 test which was to  begin at 11. I was working busily, and had started on the full assignment (as opposed to the half of one) when I heard a knock on my room door.


"Brack," It was the voice of KO, he sounded a little confused.


"Yeah, what's up?" I responded in a surprisingly chipper voice.


"When are you leaving?"


I froze. I could have sworn that on Sunday, TJ told me that there wasn't weights this week. That it was going to be a dead week for school, and that we could go in and lift, but there was no scheduled weights. I was now worried. I had stats that HAD to be done before I took the test. I thought quickly, and responded.


"You sure we have weights today?" I asked as professionally as I could.


"Yep, E.J. said we had it Monday and Tuesday this week, and then we'd call it quits til after finals. Oh, that's right, you weren't there on Friday."


I snarled at Friday... That was not a fun day.


"Ok, well I can't make it today. I have this stats homework, and TJ told me that we didn't have weights, so I banked on having this time to do this work. I'll have to make it up. Tell E.J. I'm sorry."


With that, KO left, and I was left to my statistics- which I understood surprisingly well, and finished about an hour and fifteen minutes later.


So that was the start of my day.


I went to class. Took my test, and then was surprisingly caught off guard when my stats professor had me come up to his office and talk to him. He let off some steam about some crazy stuff going on in his life, and I was quite surprised. I don't know what caused him to do that, but we talked for about an hour, discussing these things, and I was kind of flabbergasted. I stood there as he talked to me about his life, and about his family, and about his business, and felt kind of cool as I realized I had just been his confidant, and he barely even knew me. Perhaps an A?


Then, I hit up bowling. I was excited to hit up bowling. I had just received new bowling shoes, and a ball of my own, and was incredibly excited to use them.


We bowled our arch-nemeses, which consists of Will, Dana, and Monica. The best part- our game was to see who would take last place in the class standings. I wasn't going down without a fight. Our team consisted of Mai-Sue, Myself, and Anabel. We had our game faces on, and in hindsight, I wish I would have taken pictures of this epic duel.


The first game wasn't even close- we smashed them with ease, and laughed in their faces, and threw dirt. The second game was a contest to the very end. Our teacher, Professoress (female version of professor? No? HA!) Thompson was more interested in our game, it seemed, than the first place game. Probably because we were all her favorite students :) Regardless, we lost the second game, but won the first one, and had the overall score! So we are the second to last place team, and lest you think that's not a feat of epic proportions, let me tell you what- Anabel's first game of the year was a 45. She now averages 130. Mai-Sue's first game was a 75, she also averages 130. I am the weak link of our team, at a whopping 120, but I'll tell you what, we were an awesome team, and that class was way fun. Too bad it has to end on Wednesday.


Can I make a quick aside here, how does W-H-O-P-P-I-N-G turn into the way that you say it? That makes no sense. Think about it, that's... That's something like this:





W-H is the most pointless beginning to a word. English sucks.


Moving along.


After that, I returned home to work on my video project for business science. It's done. I finished it at 2:30 A.M. Hence the reason this post is so late, but regardless, it turned out nicely, and I am proud of it. Here that is, just in case ya'll want a peek at that:





Then, I needed to play basketball. I will sometimes get this unkillable urge to play ball. In these moments, I am grateful for the student rec center. We have some ballerz over there, and I quite enjoy hitting that up. I went and played at the rec, and then had to hustle home, because Bria's birthday party was at Olive Garden, and I needed to get over there ASAP. 


My waitress was trash- but that seems to be Olive Garden's reputation. I love their food- but you have to beg for breadsticks and salad, and, AND... ANNNNDDDD!!!!! You have to beg for your drinks. That just aggravates me to no end. I want my water filled within 30 seconds of me emptying my glass, or no tip for you. Bria watched her shrug off my empty glass a couple of times. GRR!!!


Regardless, my arch-nemesis, Sean (once again, pronounced See-Awn, just the way it looks) was at Olive Garden too. After a quick battle of male dominance, we settled in- but he did want me to mention that though I smashed him in Egyptian Rat Screw- that he had only 3 cards left in Skip-Bo, and that we are tied 1-1 in our grand series, so I cannot say that I smashed him. I think he's a little girl, but, whatever, you know? :P


Then Bria and I went to see The Adjustment Bureau, which I must say, was a fantastic movie. I really, really enjoyed it. I thought that it was very, very clever, and well done. Not Inception quality, but good. 


I came home and started working on my movie (above) and finished that up while Bria played Star Wars: Force Unleashed II, which I have to say, she rocks at. It's funny to me that she is like tons better at that game than I am. She left as I finished my movie- it was fun to have her here while I was working on it. Gave me someone to talk to- and someone to listen to. She likes to yell at the bad guys, so that was what got me through me project. I couldn't help but smile, and sometimes laugh (it reminded me of me when I was a little kid playing video games with Landon and Weston Goggins in the early days of Houston, Texas).


TENDER MERCIES OF THE DAY


1) I am out of money already from my scholarship check. Some unexpected expenses ran me into that wall, and I was quite worried. My parents are helping me out, again, and I was just so grateful for their willingness to bail me out.


2) I was very stressed about the group project, but was able to get through it, and it is now done, and ready to roll, which is such a relief.


3) My Grandma and Grandpa Funk sent out an email that got me thinking about how good God is to each and everyone of us, even when some of us don't want Him to help us out, He still is there, providing a way for us to accomplish everything that He asks- it was sent at the right time, and gave me good perspective.


So, Monday down. On, and on I go.


Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment