Friday, May 13, 2011

Homeward Bound/That Mysterious Man/My Seed That Doesn't But Does Exist

Thursday was a great day. I got to sleep in (no classes, dead days before finals week), and then we hooped at 3:30. It was, as you can see, a very eventful day. Very eventful. It actually was not eventful at all until I realized that- HEY! I CAN GO HOME FOR THE WEEKEND AND REGISTER MY CAR.


And so, it came to pass, that I, Bracken, having chosen to live the land of my scholarship, and return to the land of my inheritance, left the land of my scholarship for a time. And it came to pass that Kevin Olekaibe traveled with me, and we set forth at the hour of 7 P.M.


So anyways, we left, and it was a decent drive to Vegas. I stayed with my Uncle Rhett (who drove 3 hours so that I could stay with them, which was incredible. I didn't mean to impose, but he was still willing to help me out when I did, and that, my friends is a top caliber person. Willing to sacrifice a lot to help out someone who did nothing to deserve it. Thanks so much Rhett!), arrived at 2, left at 7:30, and drove some more.


Kevin had gotten to select the music for the drive to Vegas- I knew a grand total of (count them) three songs out of the 100 we must have listened to. So I got to sing my heart out on the way home today. I arrived in Provo at 2:15 to receive my state inspection on my car (which was done very quickly thanks to the folks at the Provo NAPA Auto Parts Shop), and then left at 3:00 from their to head into the Space Center.


It was an interesting day at the Space Center. For those who don't know much about it, I refer you to www.spacecamputah.org. We do education through simulation. Essentially my job is to tell a story to those who come to the center, and they problem solve their way out of it. I once again refer you to www.spacecamputah.org so that you can learn more if you'd like.


In order to work at the Center, you must first become a volunteer, and in order to become a volunteer, you must watch one mission in each simulator. I had a volunteer come in today, who seemed a little... odd, but that was nothing new, after all, it is the Space Center- we attract the slightly bizzare.


He was sitting in my briefing as I was explaining to my crew their jobs, and their objectives. He would make very loud comments, and disturb my briefing, to the point where I kicked him out. Rules of observers state that he must sit in the briefing, so my boss sent him back in. I was quite miffed. I didn't understand why I didn't have the right to send him out. Regardless, he remained mostly quiet for the duration of my briefing.


Everything was fine until I had loaded the crew into the ship, and finished training them at their stations. After having trained them, I began the mission, and was giving my speech, when all of a sudden, I heard a strange, gargled yell, and saw a helmet flying at me, and watched this kid randomly flail his arms, and continue to scream. It frightened me. I was so confused. I didn't understand what had just happened. As any reasonable person would, I just ignored it. 17 times later, I finally got my boss involved, but that was insane... Crazy times.


After that, I went to visit my second parents, the Christensens. They live right by work, and are a quick trip. I miss them. It was so great to see them- though I discovered that somehow I have in someway infected their youngest daughter with my height. Ha! Their oldest daughter Leeya said to her dad, "I know where Sophie got her height," and then she pointed to me. I was alarmed, and instantly tried to deflect the blame, "Uh.. Uh... That's weird, since I had no part in that". Phew... I avoided it :P


After careful discussion as to not reveal anything too deep for her 6th grade mind, we came to the conclusion that height was a virus, and I had somehow infected dear Sophie. Close call tonight my friends. Close call tonight.


And lastly- I arrived home to greet my family, and gave them all hugs. I went in to give my littlest sister Jaysa a hug, and she said "Who is this?" Very groggily. I laughed, "It's Bracken, I love you," and I gave her a hug. She squinted out of her right eye, and asked me, "Who are you?" Once again. I laughed, "Your brother, Bracken. I love you," and I let her out of the hug. Then she actually woke up, "Oh HEY!" and hugged me back. It just made me laugh. Hard!


Tender Mercies of the Day


1) I got to fly at the Space Center. Always a privilege.
2) All of the cars in my little convoy I created today were seen pulled over, but me. And for travelling at 10 over the speed limit the whole way (which is as far as I would go to the dark side), I felt that it was a huge blessing that I didn't have a ticket.
3) I got to see my family. I love them so much! What a blessing they are in my life!
4) Glen and I had a great talk, that really helped me out so much! I really appreciate him (Christensen, Glen Christensen, my other dad!) and all the interest he has shown in my life, and how much he loves me. I love him, and his family. They are so good to me.


G'night!


Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment