Saturday, July 16, 2011

Why I chose BYUH, and Thanks to y'all in Fresno

A lot of questions have been thrown my way regarding the decision making process of BYU Hawaii, so I figured I'd walk through them with everyone that was interested.


I was originally being recruited by several junior colleges, and then on board jumped U of U, and BYUH. After a lot of prayer, and meditation, I decided that those two schools were on the top of my list, and that the decision would be between those schools.


I was very excited about the U of U option. It was close to home, which would not only allow me to have my family right in the vicinity of the school, but have my values at the very least better understood. I was excited to also be close to my friends, and those people that I've established relationships with near home. However, when push came to shove, I wanted to have the opportunity to play for championships, and win games, and go to a school where I was with people who were expected to have similar standards to the ones that I choose to live by.


This is in no way a cheap shot, or an attack to anyone. The guys in Fresno were as classy as they come, and they will become successful very quickly under the leadership of Coach Terry- and I believe the same for the U of U squad under the leadership of Coach K. But, call me crazy, living in Hawaii, playing for championships, and being part of the success just seems more appealing to me than doing the rebuilding bit. I will admit that I love to win, and that is what I want to do.


So, the decision was made to go to BYUH. It will be a change, it will be very far from home- but I know that I will be in a great environment, with the resources I need to handle any anxiety or depression issues that may arise, and great teammates, coaches, and church members to help with it as well.


I couldn't be more grateful to the people in Fresno for their support, and the things that they did for the team collectively, and me individually. As frustrating as the season may have been looking at the record, it was a lot of fun. I learned a lot, and really loved the Bulldog fans. I couldn't be more grateful for how well I was accepted by the community, and the positive feedback I received. I hope that there will be a day when I can somehow give that same positive emotion to someone, and pay it forward. Thanks to all of you.


I'm excited for the future. I don't know exactly where it will send me, and I don't know the plan. I know that I trust God's guiding hand to push me forward through whatever comes up, and I know that I am going to make the best of everything ahead.


Brack

No comments:

Post a Comment