Thursday, July 28, 2011

Leadership Camp Day 2

I sit here at the desk we've made for me in the gym of the space center amongst a ton of campers playing mafia. There is a lot of good story-telling going on in here, and a lot of people cheering as they kill each other. Almost comical.

Today has been fairly entertaining. A couple of stories that I thought deserved a mention.

1) We had a phone call from the bridge crew to main computer control. I answered the phone as a 40 year smoker. I whined about the captain interrupting my smoke break, and then told them that it wasn't my department anyway, and passed the phone to Megan, calling her the name of a moderately annoying human being as I passed the phone to her.
       Megan answered the phone like a scared deer, her character had no idea what was going on. Then she said she was passing off to bob, and Bob (Matt R.). Matt had no idea what was going on, but was supposed to be the character that knew what was happening in computer control. When we finally rebooted the computer (which came as a surprise to Bob), Matt pulls his hand back in 'gangsta' fashion, and yells, "we done did it yo" as I fell out of the chair laughing. Yes, you probably had to be there, but it was the greatest thing ever.

2) Jon Parker went off of the diving board with me at the pool with the campers tonight. When he went off of the diving board with me, he slipped while running to his jump, and fell right into a belly flop. But the best part of that whole ordeal was that Jon's face as he fell to the water had a look of absolute alarm, horror, and fear. His eyes wide, his mouth open, and the crashing sound of a flop. It was hilarious.

Connor today wearing his pakled costume was wonderful. If I can find a picture, I will post it for you, but he had sparkly clothing all over, and all sorts of chocolate smeared across his face. He was clutching a chocolate bar, and a Dr. Seuss animal that made me laugh. His face was priceless, and he was magnificent.

Today was worth a few good laughs. One more day...

Brack

No comments:

Post a Comment