Tuesday, November 15, 2011

BYU Loss and Other Things

Well. We lost tonight. It was a frustrating loss. Not because BYU isn't talented- because they are very talented. But because I don't feel that we as a team, or I as a player played to our potential. We came out of the gates with a 20-3 BYU run, and that just doesn't cut it when you play a team of that caliber. That's not how we operate either. I was baffled by how we came out in the first half. It was piss poor, and I think that in a lot of ways, I was to blame. I rushed shots, took a couple of bad shots, and then I failed to make necessary passes to other players at times that they were needed.

I shot 1/9 from the 3-point line, and that just is unacceptable a) because I shouldn't have kept shooting when it wasn't falling, and b) because I shoot better than that, and I shouldn't ever be less than 50%. Plus, overall I was 3/15 from the field, and that is only 50% from close range.. And I missed all 3 free throws. I'm just frustrated.

Anyways, I guess I learned a lot in this one. I feel like I understand a little bit better how performance needs to exist, and hopefully I will make the adjustments, and play well this Friday, Saturday, and following Monday.

That's it I guess. I don't know what else to say. Just wanted to vent frustration on the game. Offensively for me wasn't great. I did play fantastic D, though. Or I feel that I did, so at the very least, I have that to sleep to tonight.

--Brack

No comments:

Post a Comment