Friday, July 13, 2012

Matt's Strip Show/The End and Beginning

It's always an interesting time here at the Space Center. This week was especially interesting as I was nearly scared to death by a normally conservative human being.


Matt Ricks looks cute and innocent.... BUT BEWARE THE ODYSSEY
I walked into the Odyssey, mostly to check on the staff sleeping in there. I was enjoying my time, but I heard Matt saying something to the effect of "Don't look over here, don't look over here!" So of course I had to know what's going on, I walked in, eyes closed, and faced the direction of his voice. He screeched a little, and then said, "I suppose I don't care."


I then made a critical mistake. I started to beat box... Or pretending to. Matt then got this idea that he was a stripper. He began to remove his shirt, and swung it around his head. He then started "shaking his hips in a seductive manner" and it freaked me out.


So Matt, wherever you are, I am now officially terrified by your presence. You make me fear the Odyssey.


THE END AND BEGINNING 

I realized last night that last night was one of the last nights I would ever spend here at the Space Center. I layed on the bridge on my Queen sized air mattress, and mulled over that thought. I have been doing this for 10 years now. I have loved every minute I have spent here, even when I am frustrated with Campers' attitudes, or their density. It has been a privilege to work here at the Space Center. Though I will still gladly make tacticals, or write stories, or make videos, or do whatever they need- I am approaching that time of life where I don't have much of a choice but to leave and move on with life. There is so much ahead of me, but one of the greatest adventrues of my life is now coming to a close. I would like to publicly thank (again) Victor Williamson. He's heard it all, but there has been a profound impact on my life that extends from him and this place. I will forever be grateful for the opportunities and privileges that I have had, the friends I have made, the people I have met, the campers that have changed my outlook of life. I have learned so much from my time here. Though I am not officially done until August 22, I feel the end as it comes slowly.

Of course, it's not all bad. The future is ahead of me. Next Saturday I will be married to the most amazing woman in the world. I have forever to spend with her, and I don't know if that will be long enough for me, but it's a good start. I can't wait to wake up to her smile, and to spend time with her. It has been way too long since I have been able to just giver her a hug, and stare into her eyes.  It's crazy to be saying, "I'm getting married". But, I am so glad that I am, and can't wait to be with Trip (Lejana).

Also, my future goals can now be pursued. This is exciting for me, because now I can roll forward and do those things that I have dreamed of since I was a kid. There is so much I need to learn. I realize that I have an air of arrogance that surrounds me sometimes when it comes to that. I like to feel in control and in charge, and that's how it comes off, but I realize and recognize that there is so much I still need to know. I'm glad that I can finally pursue my dreams of becoming a coach, and teaching. The next phase brings so much with it, so as I slowly rid myself of what I used to know, there is excitement that exists in the future.

So this is to the future, and what comes with it. Only God knows, but I will try my hardest to keep my head up, and roll with the punches.

--Brack

No comments:

Post a Comment