Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Cancellations, and Other Things

At work there are a list of things I'd rather not do. This list continuously grows as I discover things I dislike. Here is the small version of that list:

-Fly Phoenix private missions.
       REASON: The ship shouldn't be as complicated as it is. I hate it. I hate that the children can't wrap their heads around it because it is too complicated. The controls are for a 14 person ship, and there are only 6 kids. I hate private missions in that ship. My vote is that it becomes a runabout like the Galileo.

-Fly Galileo School Missions.
       REASON: The Galileo is a shuttlecraft. A Mark VI stealth runabout. As cool as that sounds, our school missions were written around evacuations. It's kind of difficult to imagine stuffing, oh, I dunno, 350 people in there. Or 1,000. Depends on the story. Or, a story that engages the children in a battle... It's a shuttle. Not much you can do. It just sucks to have to attempt to tell those stories in there.

This thing barely fits me and 6 kids in it... Evacuating anyone is almost ridiculous...
-Supervise Current Magellan.
       REASON: The current Magellan is supposed to be a space station... However, this space station avoids the key word of station in every single situation it is posed. A station is a stationary vessel that fuels vessels, issues commands, and does administrative things. This particular space station has Warp Engines, Impulse Engines, Thrusters, a transwarp core, a cloaking device, a planet buster, a system that turns the entire station into a weapon, etc. The consistency, and ideas placed in it frustrate me. It is turning into a battleship. I will love it then.

-Kitchen Duty
       REASON: Mostly because I would rather play pretend than do actual work. Actual work isn't that fun, you know?

So there is my short list of things I prefer not to do. There are many other things that could be attached to this list. But these are the ones that make me the most angry :P!

Today, I was scheduled to fly the Galileo for a summer school group. Summer school groups frustrate me, because A) I feel that parents should be more involved in their children's lives than to let them fall into the pangs of summer school. B) The children already struggle in our ships, so adding the density of most summer school children is hard to stomach and fly with. C) It's the galileo for a school mission... GRR... I woke up in a slightly frustrated mood, and geared up for work.

My mood lit greatly though, when my father talked to me about my fiance and I's honeymoon. We have it purchased and paid for, and I couldn't be more excited than I am right now to take her on this honeymoon my parents have set up for us!! I am stoked!!!

Then I came into work, and they didn't have enough to fill my ship! What a great day =D I love it when the Galileo gets cancelled. That's a very happy thing. I have nothing against that Galileo. I love the Galileo- but Galileo school flights... GRRRR! (Need another repeat?)

Anyways, that was my day thus far. I shall get on with it. I have to go do insanity... Ugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment