Monday, August 22, 2011

Stargazing/Changing Time/Lunar Landings

I sat looking up at the stars with a friend the other night. We were talking. The stories were good, the company great, the location one of my favorites. I can't remember all the times I've sat on the hill at Central Elementary, and looked up at those stars, all at different times, and just breathed them in. This time, though, it seemed different. The stars seemed closer. The air seemed more perfect. The area was, for the most part, silent. There was a serenity there.


As I looked up, noting the several prominent constellations, and thinking to myself on life, I realized something that I never had realized in a particular light before. God really does love us. He really exists, and He really loves us. I know this because if he didn't, he wouldn't have spent the extra time to beautify the earth. He would have slapped it together, made it half-crapped, and thrown us here to deal with it. Instead, we have all sorts of wonders that fill our souls with pure excitement, and take our breath. That to me is an expression of love.


I remember in grade school all of the times I would work really hard on those Mother's Day gifts because I wanted my mom to know I loved her when I handed her that gift on that day. I feel the same thing when I see things like the night sky, or the sunrise, or the moon brilliantly guiding the night. God loves me.


For those of you that say there is no God. That Earth just happened to be, I am sorry for you. I am sorry that you can't see that God cares, and loves about each one of us, and wants us to live the way He's asked so that we can be in His presence again. If you can take a jigsaw puzzle, shake it around in it's box, and then open the box to find all of the pieces fitting together perfectly, then you may have a chance to prove to me that the way this world fits together was an accident- but you never will, and therefore, I declare and proclaim that God is Earth's maker, and He still beautifies her every day.


The last little while I've been attempting to change time zones. That involves me staying up a little later, and getting up later as well. I hope that it works to acclamate me to Hawaii time before I get there.


I am so excited to go play as a Seasider at BYU Hawaii. There are so many things that make my heart pound as I think about them. I look forward to meeting my teammates, playing with Jet Chang, learning to surf, taking a real institute class instead of one that has 4 people in it that boils down to opinion and not doctrine ;) (no offense intended, just not my style). I can't wait to feel the ocean breeze, smell the salt as it is carried inland. I can't wait to meet the people, learn the culture, have a chance at a fresh start again. I can't wait to get back into school, and do those things that come with it. I just cannot wait to get there. September 9th... The countdown begins.


Well, it's time for me to sleep. I've been up late enough I suppose. Can't wait for tomorrow to kick off- I have a nasty project sitting ahead of me. Wish me luck!


--Brack


TENDER MERCIES OF THE DAY/Week/MONTH


1) I had a really rough time at church yesterday, a full blown panic attack in the middle of church. Not only is such a thing totally embarrassing, but it's just hard to cope with. My mom really made an effort to make sure I was ok today, as did my dad. I really appreciate it! Today would have been much rougher without them.
2) I am finally catching up on sleep after a ridiculous decision to stay up all night on Tuesday rewiring the Voyager control room at work. The good news is, I am catching back up, and I'm feeling better!
3) Kristin Anderson gets a huge thanks from me! She really made a difference in a conversation that we had earlier, and it meant a lot to me. I'm really grateful for experiences of those who have blazed any trial or trail before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment