Sunday, June 19, 2011

Time

It's weird how fast the week flies by, and how I seem to never have enough time to accomplish everything I want to. There are times I wish that I could have a personal fairy that granted wishes that would allow me to complete everything I have in my mind to complete.

I had a cool thought today. Only I would think of such a thing, but it hit me kind of suddenly, so I thought that I would share it.

In the Walt Disney version of Cinderella, there is a very interesting thing that happens. When Cinderella is given all of the chores she must do before she can go to the ball, her Fairy God mother doesn't appear, she frets about not being able to complete it all, but she does what was asked of her. Her friends show great support, and make her a dress- but that isn't enough to get her to the ball. As her dress gets destroyed by her sisters, there is still no Fairy Godmother. When she feels that all is lost, and that there is nothing remaining for her to hold on to, and all she can do is cry, then comes her Fairy Godmother. After she's done everything for herself, and learned the lessons involved in them, then the miracle came, and granted her wish.



I think there is great correlation there to what Jesus Christ himself taught, and how life works. So often we expect that someone is going to make something happen for us magically. That if we just pray, then whatever we need will just magically occur. I disagree with that sentiment. We are required to put forth work, and make what we want happen. When we are willing to show the work (putting in the faith that is required) then we are given what we need to make what we asked for happen. It's an important principle I think. If we go forward trying to answer our own desires (the good ones, the ones we are praying for), if we don't get the answer ourselves, then God steps in to help us out. Not before then, but after all we can do.

I just really liked that thought. Interesting, no?

TENDER MERCIES OF THE WEEK

1) Schools are starting to talk to me, and I have some great options of people that want me for me, not me to only fill a spot.
2) Father's day- so grateful for an incredible father who loves me, and treats me so well.
3) The Christensen family- those that don't know them should. Ask me about them sometime!

Until later.

Brack

1 comment:

  1. I really like this bracken. Very nice. The gospel and Disney. My two favorite things.

    ReplyDelete