Thursday, June 13, 2013

I Might Just Be Too Nice

That may not be entirely accurate, me being nice. However, it seems to me that somehow this scenario happens in every job I've ever had.

"Hello?" I ask groggily- I have of course just woken up.

"Bracken, this is [insert boss name here], [insert fellow employee name here] is sick and can't come in, can you?"

"Yeah, of course."

Conversation ends, and I go into work on a day I was supposed to have off. Typical. And it doesn't bug me, because I honestly don't have any reason to complain about making more money at any given moment in my life. Honestly, I love to make money. Making money is good. So saying yes just makes me look like such an incredibly nice guy.

My only peeve is that I'm going to miss taking my wife to the beach, and also, I'm going to miss the Spurs game tonight. I love the Spurs. Been a fan since I was a little boy with Tim Duncan and David "The Admiral" Robinson dunking on a poster in my room. It's been a few years since then, but I still love the Spurs for what they are today. And while I admire LeBron and Dwayne Wade.... I just don't like it when they win. I wish I'd been able to watch more of these finals games, but, one needs money if they wish to accomplish cool things.

So, now I am going to eat breakfast, and go into work. And, I'll live thinking how nice I must really be ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment